View Single Post
      09-10-2007, 06:42 PM   #28
Chowbow
pew pew
Rep
Drives: 三三五i

Garage List
Cops don't write tickets for money. They don't get paid more if they write more tickets. They don't have a true quota like people think they do. If people on your force write 100 tickets and you write 3, then there's a problem, but there is no official quota.

They are there to enforce the law which they do not dictate or set. They also think a lot of laws are stupid and useless, but they are supposed to enforce it. The OP ran a red light and made an illegal u-turn, both of which he knew was against the law and got busted. A cop just happened to be there and I would have pulled him over too if I saw that. I think the OP is somewhat lucky that he only got written up for 1 citation rather than 2.

I'm not somebody who follows every step of the law, but if I get busted for something I was doing illegally, I'm not going to try and squirm my way out of it. I'll just pay the fine, and suck it up. If the cop was really a bad guy then he would have wrote 2 citations instead of 1.

EDIT: a number of replies came up after I started writing this reply. I wrote this reply in regards to a member saying that cops are there to give out tickets to pay for the war in Iraq and that they are becoming nasty. Such is not the case. Cops are regular people like you and I. Many of my good friends are cops and unless they were in uniform, no one would have any idea.