11-17-2022, 11:45 AM   #494
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
I don't agree, I think some people feel they can say what they like to whomever they like threatening people and even worse. That should NOT be stood for in and form of live, face to face or online. In the UK there is new legislation going through to help with that.

This forum moderates people being racist, aggressive or threatening and long may it be the case, people shouldn't need to have a thicker skin due to other people's abhorrent behaviour which is exactly what Max is saying. Abuse shouldn't be stud for in any for of life, banter, well that's different but it is a fine line for some and I get that element some people need to be less woke.
The forum is a private entity and they choose to moderate this behavior because most people would stop posting here if they were being roasted and verbally abused non-stop. Doesn't matter how thick your skin is. They can also choose to not do anything about that. It's in their hands and that's where it stops. The problem is when government gets involved - this has never and will never work out well.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60100.50