View Single Post
      09-14-2021, 01:45 PM   #1
HanLueX
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e46 m3

If you were going to sell to a dealer, how would you do it?

Hey everyone,

I was hoping I could get some thoughts / feedback on this project I've been working on.

A bit of background - I spent several months helping a few clients sell their vehicles (mostly luxury and above) and while doing so I found that I was constantly going to an assortment of different dealer websites to try and figure out whether it was worth it or not to sell privately. Essentially my first stop anytime someone wanted my help to sell a car I would go to carvana / autonation / vroom / etc to see which one might be best and what the spread might be from private sale to the best trade in offer. Generally if you can get close enough, it stops being worth it to waste the effort to sell privately.

I found that for most high end vehicles, even those that aren't too expensive anymore, the automated offers weren't great. However for mid-market vehicles they tended to be pretty good.

Anyways after doing this a bunch I decided to just build something that did that for me instead and eventually realized that others might be interested in it as well.

I was wondering 1) if that process of checking all the options was something y'all did frequently as well and 2) what you thought of a Kayak.com-like platform that allowed you to compare not only the online dealers but also get offers from your local ones as well who might be able to give better custom offers. This is especially big when I consider brands like bmw / audi as in my experience it's tough to get good offers from the online dealers vs. your local brand-specific dealer.

Is that something you might find valuable? Why / why not? All positive and negative (constructive please ) thoughts welcome!

It's still a bit finicky but if you're interested in checking it out, I'd love feedback on the process as well.
https://www.topmarq.com/my-cars-value-by-vin

Cheers!
Appreciate 0