04-11-2020, 12:53 PM   #5
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by g20beam View Post
Thanks for this I was really trying to ask for some answers.

I am currently looking for front suspension parts too and I think SPL has them made for the A90 Supra and the G29 Z4, which means they should fit for the G20 even though it isn't listed, we share the same suspension.

Just looking for parts as I am on lowered suspension, and these seem to benefit the springs. I'm not looking to do coilovers anytime soon so small upgrades to the stock suspension is what I'm looking for at the moment. Besides the functionality aspect I'm just looking at more rear camber adjustment for aesthetic purposes, though I agree the front honestly needs more for high speed turning/cornering.
When you lower the car you change the roll center of the car. Typically different shaped arms are used to correct this, but unless you've done the measurements and know where the roll center is, it's kind of pointless to spend the money if you don't know where you're correcting to. Additionally you'll probably want to consider adjustable end links if lowering a lot.

See my video below at 3:50 why you might want adjustable end links.

More rear camber with as little as BMW provides up front will just make the car understeer more. That's actually the reason BMW specs so much rear camber stock from the factory, so that you understeer instead of oversteer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g20beam View Post
I also want to know, if for instance I run SPL front lower control arms and I run the rear Hardrace camber kit, will that be fine? Or should I be running the same brand suspension upgrades for front and rear? Just wondering because if I end up going for the Hardrace camber kit whether or not I can still go for another company for aftermarket for the fronts.
You can run different mfg's adjustable arms, however you'd probably want to run the same brand on the same axle (like all SPL front and all Hardrace rear). Sometimes they can do some funky things with the geometry of their new parts and not make it obvious. On the F3x platform someone found out that you can't JUST run SPL LCA/wishbones, and that you also need to get their tension strut arm too.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 1
g20beam480.50