View Single Post
      04-27-2019, 08:00 AM   #206
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
It makes mowing around trees easier but in my opinion it isn't worth the added complexity. X350 is a nice machine for sure, are you going with the 42" or 48" deck? Both give a great cut.
Was thinking the same thing (re: complexity) and the money saved could get me halfway to the bagger attachment or cover a core aerator.

I was thinking the 42" deck since I'll have to squeeze it into my garage until I can build my deck w/ underdeck storage (I can't have sheds in my town). I also try to rationalize that the 48" gains me a single pass savings for every 5-ish passes. I'm going to head over to the dealer this morning and make the purchase. I'll measure the space in the garage before flipping a coin on the deck, though. As it is, I'll have to move one of my rolling cabinets and squeeze the LT in between the Moupe and X1.

Thnx for all the feedback, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmeezer View Post
You won't regret it, the Deere is a beast, especially their cutting decks. I abuse mine terribly over our 6 acres. Not sure about 4 wheel steering, but I'd love to see an Xdrive model
Depending on your use, storage and how long you keep it, you can get any part you want online (you will need them for longterm use, including tires (I just tube them up the first year and get over it)).

I do find that their cutting decks don't always do well if you're cutting with the deck tilted left or right, so I do the hills either diagonally or better, straight up and down. I have one hill that's probably got a 30% slope and the Deere just crawls up it no problem.

To be fair, we do a fair amount of "wood chipping" with the mower (far too satisfying) as the property has a couple of acres of wooded area (including several Willows, which lose limbs faster than I do hair ) so tree limbs are always an issue. Never had a blade bearing fail on a Deere though, but the blades do need sharpening (and beating back into shape) yearly.

This is our 2nd Deere in 15 years, and we probably put around 50 hours a year on them.
Thnx for the SA! The lady I spoke w/ at the dealer last week mentioned people putting tubes in. They'll do it for pretty cheap so maybe I'll just go that route.

I'll admit....even though the X350 has an option, paltry brush guard.....I kinda want to get it so I can put a light bar on it.