View Single Post
      01-10-2020, 01:31 PM   #19
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
We took our car to Poland, did 1800 miles without charging and it did 35mpg despite high speed autobahn cruising. So even at that consumption I doubt it would cost more than 18p per mile to run.

Yes, there are assumptions being made on what a company pays for business mileage, but most will pay the HMRC approved rates as otherwise there tends to be significant tax implications.

The other thing is if someone gets a company fuel card. If so then the BIK tax cost is dependent on the CO2, and a hybrid will attract much less tax than a diesel, and then the amount of miles won't make any difference.

This is all speculation on someone else's situation anyway!
So mine is a company car and I get a fuel card but my company takes private mileage off anything I put on it so I don't pay additional tax for "having a fuel card". It takes into account how much the fuel costs so the amount I get back varies but its anything from 5-7p/mile from experience.

My last submission was 1750 miles for December, this was about £110 of fuel. 750 miles were business and 1000 mile private. I had to pay about £65. Pretty good I reckon :-)
Appreciate 0