View Single Post
      05-16-2019, 11:44 AM   #58
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Seen one of my biggest goals get accomplished this past weekend. I gave my daughter away in marriage to a great guy that she has been with since 9th grade in high school as boyfriend/girlfriend before they could date.

I have had custody of her since she was 7, and tried my best to instill in her a set of values that I have always followed. She started working from an early age as I wanted her to know that she could stand on her own two feet without support from anyone ,and that nothing in life comes easy or free.

She completed her undergrad and had a job offer before graduation, and currently working in a Surgical Trauma Intensive Care Unit. Starting graduate school this fall and plans to eventually become a PA.

The guy she married is already in graduate school and works in pharmaceuticals doing R&D work.

They have already bought their first house, and currently honeymooning in the Dominican Republic.

My only goal that I have at the moment is to finish paying off my last debt (Mortgage) and keep building my retirement investments.

I have always been so caught up in advancement in my career, but this weekend I realized that it's not as important as I thought it was. I have no control over a lot of things that may happen, so why get so involved in things that I can't affect. That's been my biggest adversary for awhile.

I'm in a comfortable spot, and I can be content with that. The lure of material things are slowly fading away from me...now I want to create memories that I will always be able to look back at and have a smile brought to my face.
arkie6397.00
cmyx6go15581.00
MKSixer34171.50