11-13-2019, 05:56 AM   #256
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I have exchanged gunfire with criminals in the past, and it is not a pleasant situation to be in whatsoever. If you've never been shot at - and I would wager that nobody/very few here [outside of the other cops/military on the forum] have unless members of Bimmerpost regularly engage in gang activity - it is downright scary, especially if/when it's rifle fire. Most ceramic armor plates are good for one round from an AR/AK, and a level IV rifle armor plate can typically hold up to a round from a .30.08 when coupled with a level IIIA concealable vest; poly or steel can handle multiple AR/AK rounds, but they are heavier, so most officers use ceramic. The odds suck!!! With that said, I feel for your friend. Shootings do, indeed, affect members of law enforcement differently, and some people do react very emotionally to shooting/killing someone. Fortunately I am not the type of person who would experience any emotional struggle if I killed someone who has/had every intention on ending my life.

I would feel the same way...if it's me or them...then I am doing everything I can to come out on top.

I have been shot before (Not Gang Related, but stupid Bar shit) and it isn't fun at all even when it is not a life threatening injury.