Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanta View Post
Actually I want to buy one now.
Just try to figure out what casing material, color of dial
Do you plan to buy it as (1) a watch to collect that you'll wear from time to time, or (2) as a watch mostly to wear?

If the former, I suggest going with the 15202, which despite it's nickname, "Jumbo," is actually thinner and 39mm in diameter. If the latter, the 15300 (discontinued, but available pre-owned -- http://www.chrono24.com/en/audemarspiguet/ref-15300.htm -- at very attractive prices). The 15400 is certainly fine, but as the Royal Oak is a watch that wears large, the added size of the 15400 exacerbates that characteristic. At 39mm, the 15300 and 15202 will wear like a larger 40-41mm watch.

In general, at least on casual observation, all three have the same styling. The 15202 lacks a seconds hand and is, IMO, the better watch as goes sartorial flexibility given it's more svelte profile. The 15300 is a little bit thicker, but still fine as goes looking suitable with the dressiest outfits. While I think the 15400 can be worn with suits, it's a bit much for black tie, and it's added heft pushes it more toward the sporty side than the other two versions.

As always, others', including my, thoughts on size and wearing characteristics are best taken with a grain of salt because they reflect that person's impressions based on their wrist/arm, dress style and lifestyle. Trying the watch(s) on yourself is the only way to really know what's best for you, and that's what should drive your final decision.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0