View Single Post
      02-06-2023, 12:05 AM   #7
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Interesting, I always thought Carmax would be OK. During the height of the used car craziness, I took a couple of cars there for appraisals. Carmax gave me offers far lower than any other places, in fact on the G82 they offered $10k less than the BMW dealer a few miles from my house. Their offers were so ridiculously low I thought at the time they must really be planning ahead for this bubble to pop.

Now I look at their site, and their cars are horribly overpriced in the current market. They're still asking early 2022 pricing where we all know most prices have gone down 15-20% since then. Very odd deal.

I'm personally still of the belief we're going to see a continued decrease in pricing for the next 12 months or so, then massive inflation will commence as the money printers are going to have be turned on once again to save this DOA economy. As the money printers get flipped on, interest rates are going to have to come down, and free money days will be here until the complete collapse of the system. There's simply no way out of our current monetary nightmare, a complete crash is only a matter of time. I think a lot of these dealers are holding on believing the same thing.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6722.50