View Single Post
      07-15-2016, 04:25 PM   #7
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdaft1 View Post
So we can spend that precious driving time instead updating our FB status, taking selfies and playing Pokémon thing??
Exactly!

And I cant wait until most cars have autonomous driving mode.
Not for myself (petrolhead) but for all those numbnuts behind the wheel that are either holding everything up, cutting you off without using indicators, not paying attention (to the road I mean not FB) etc etc.
They will massively use autonomous driving which means you can better enforce right of way and get a move on. An autonomous car will pay attention (at least if it isnt a Tesla....)) and not enforce its way into your drive lane (here we dont have keep your lane) etc etc. That would make the manufacturer responsible I think...
Now (here in europe at least) when you come to a crossing and you have right of way a car will try to cut you off when he can fit his car in the gap, expecting you to brake, but I think an autonomous car wont ever do that if it functions properly (you dont have to brake but you dont want to injure yourself or your car....)

On the other hand, if an autonomous car can miss something as large as a trailertruck...what happens to pedestrians and cyclists?

I will keep my hands on the wheel though. I like the feeling of control and enjoy driving (I'm in the MT camp, striving for the most amount of control over machinery)
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0