Neo-Luddite
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i, 330i 6MT RWD Sport

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by daanz21 View Post
That's interesting, I've never thought about it that way, thanks.

In your last paragraph, would having a calorie deficit diet but eating your food in 1/2 sittings also allow the insulin to decrease, or could the fact that it's calorie restriction still cause insulin resistance?
You need to concern yourself with the lowering insulin part, if you do that the calorie restriction will take care of itself. The eating part is less important than the not eating part, you can divide your daily intake up into as many sittings as you want, and eat ad libitum, but you have to keep it all within a window, the more insulin resistant you are the smaller the window you need, like eat everything within a 4 hour period then fast for 20. This gives you plenty of time to absorb your food and insulin to drop down to baseline. Each time the baseline will get a bit lower, that is what they're referring to by "set point".

Ppl are resistant to insulin for the same reason that addicts need more of a drug to get high, it's not an analogy it's the literal biochemical truth. The more you stimulate insulin with carbs and frequent meals the more Insulin you will need to be effective lowering all that excess blood sugar. Like getting off drugs the only way is to taper off or go cold turkey, IE give up the carbs and do some fasting.
Appreciate 0