05-09-2015, 05:30 PM   #68
tjlees
Major
England
Rep
Drives: F30 Chav Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABAUKE View Post
Buy a watch because it speaks to you, not for it's status. I have a Rolex Sea Dweller that I bought years ago, I was working as a commercial diver and actually took the watch in the water for what it's intended purpose was. I also have a vintage Speed Master Professional, I love the watch and it's history. I bought my wife an Omega Sea Master 44 mm with Orange strap, she loves it because it's chuncky and Orange, and I bought her a Rolex Yacht Master for a more subdued look. I'm not a watch snob, I like nice things that speak to me and I like stuff that isn't cookie cutter. I sold my 911 because you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting one, I bought my Z4MC because I love the thing, and I love that it's unique.

If you want to buy a watch, buy one that speaks to you, not one that will speak to other people. If that's a G-Sport or Timex Ironman than so be it.
+1

It's very rare that a non-watch person spots an expensive watch (unless you are in your trunks with just your gold chain and watch )

The expensive watches I've bought swmbo have been based on looks/style/movement rather than brand.
Appreciate 0