e92.997
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 BBS RGR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92.997 View Post
I haven't posted in quite some time but would like to chime in here.

I was at Beverly Hills BMW looking at a brand new M5C in British Racing Green, Ceramics, Carmel/black interior with deviated stitching. MSRP was over $140k. To me it was the perfect spec. They didn't want to discount a single dollar from the car. They also didn't want to let me test drive any car without an "appointment". (I wanted to test drive any used M5C on their lot because I hadn't driven one yet)

So then the next day I went and grabbed a 991.2 Turbo.

Most salesmen are simply brainless.
Good thing they saved you from losing $80k on that M5 in 3 years. Kind of a weird decision between a 991.2 Turbo and an M5 though.
Agreed. Losing $80k never feels good.

But I really, really liked the spec and knew I wouldn't be able to find a used one in the same spec.

I wanted a very fast Daily-able German car that was more comfortable than my G63 or 997. German because I like to put miles on my cars. I hated the suspension on the M5C after the test drive, it was unbearable and not acceptable on bad LA roads. I know most people could care less, but I was also quite disappointed in the BMW seat massaging function (maybe because I was used to my buddy's S class)

The Turbo rides and handles much better than the M5C. (Add DSC sport and it's not even in the same ballpark as far as ride comfort goes)

I didn't need the extra seats or storage space, so just went back to P instead.

Is the regular M5 suspension much more bearable than the M5C? In YouTube reviews everyone says the M5 rides so nicely and the E63 is too harsh. Is the M5C stiffer than E63?
Appreciate 0