View Single Post
      09-25-2021, 10:15 AM   #27
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oclockshadow View Post
As of yesterday, there are 617 people in Massachusetts hospitals with covid. 212 of them are fully vaccinated. Over 1/3. Saying this is a pandemic of the unvaccinated is disingenuous.

https://www.boston.com/news/coronavi...13-new-deaths/
It's kind of a shame that the stats dont give us the full picture. We have hospitalized patients who are fully vaccinated and we have number of COVID patients in the ICU and number of COVID patients intubated, but we dont have numbers of fully vaccinated patients who are in the ICU or intubated.

Remember, for a lot of folks the hospital is their primary care, which could be driving those numbers up. My wife's dad is fully vaccinated and caught COVID last month. He felt crappy and we were monitoring him at home. His O2 started to drop to the low 90s (he's also a life long smoker) so we took him to the ER as a precaution. He was admitted. So, technically hospitalized. They released him about 5 hours later. He felt good enough to toddle about and do some yard work 2 days later. I think a lot of folks are pretty cautious, especially with elderly loved ones, and will take them in just to be safe.

Anyway, point being, I would have loved to have seen numbers of fully vaccinated patients who are in the ICU or intubated. My gut is the numbers are extremely low. But hey, that's jut my gut feeling. I've got no data to back that up.
Appreciate 3
Littlebear3509.50
sygazelle11334.00
minn1914018.00