11-10-2011, 12:35 AM   #2315
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivenscyr View Post
So whats everyone doing with their portfolios now?
http://www.smh.com.au/business/marke...110-1n85g.html

Been waiting for a dip in the market to jump back in, now seems like a not-so-good time as of yet
I'm invested in TVIX right now. Waiting to see what happens tomorrow, my opinion is obviously of a bearish nature.

And also, $30 billion isn't too bad. When the referendum was called last week, the markets took a dive of $95 Billion in the Euro Markets. Papandreou's resignation is indeed a near $100 Billion market mover.

EDIT: ICBC (Industrial and Commercial bank of China) saw Goldman Sachs sell about $8.54 billion dollars of their holdings in the bank today. This, alongside the market drop from today, saw the shares of ICBC drop up to 8.5% percent. This is the most it's dropped since Nov. 2008, and ICBC is the world's biggest lender by market value.

Margin calls also raised by 5% today on Italian Bond markets. This is gonna cause a big Margin Call to whoever is playing italian debt (and believe me, lots of big institutions are) Thurs/Fri.

P.S.: French Short-sale bans are going to expire this friday. What does this mean? It means people can now begin to short the French banks again Italy and Spain have similar short-selling bans in place, but those are set to expire soon too. They may extend them, we will see.

Things a' brewin' folks.

Last edited by Vanity; 11-10-2011 at 12:59 AM..
Appreciate 0