Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
So BofA was threatening to cancel my credit card if I didn't use it, which would have lowered my credit score. Today was the last day to use it without getting screwed even though I did nothing wrong. With no physical card and thus no security code I couldn't use the card but a stroke of genius told me to add it to Apple Pay. Now credit score is safe. Pretty lame that I would be punished if I didn't charge anything to the card. Seems counterintuitive ya think?
Call BS. You can't add it to Apple Pay without the security code that you say you didn't have.

Just adding it to Apple Pay won't stop them from canceling it, you still have to use it.

It is not counter intuitive. Anyone can open a lot of cards and stick them in a drawer and not use them, which ties up resources from the issuing bank. Someone that can use a card and keep in good standing is showing they are actively responsible, which is important for someone opening a line of credit they very likely intend to use.

Are you more worried about the average age of credit or the available credit with that card closing? There are ways to deal with each one.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0