View Single Post
      11-14-2017, 10:48 AM   #8
meanmusic
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3M Competition

1) Sunroof not standard but is part of most packages

2) Canadian price guide has 20" wheel option for the 30i only. M40i has 21" standard or NC 19" You can check with rep if they can add the 20" on the M40i

3)No lag during my test drives with the M40i

FYIs:
No M Sport steering as you probably already know
Ventilated seats do not have adjustable side bolsters and are limited to Black, Mocha and Canberra colours only right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlbrad View Post
So just to give some background as I am in the market for a new car. I have a '11 X3 35i , and since I got my car I found the turbo lag pretty bad, and my car always pulls hard left/right going over bumps and things on the road. Needless to say, I am still considering the X3 m40i, GLC 43 AMG, and the SQ5.

1 - sunroof, am I missing something or is this not standard? It is in the sq5/glc 43.

2 - can you get 20" wheels/tires from the factory or only 19/21s? 21s, is really a tough/expensive size to get replacements and winters (even if I size 1 down), I would rather a 20 summer/19" winter setup, like the sq5/glc have.

3 - Has anyone experienced turbo lag on the new models like a small delay when you press on the pedal after a stop, can you give you a bit of whiplash depending on how hard you drive.

If I add the sunroof package, the BMW is 4-5k more expensive but I like the look of it the best. The audi is a beast in winter, the glc not so much, and my x3 is probably average. Would appreciate some feedback, as I am on the fence on the X3 right now.
Appreciate 0