10-14-2008, 01:02 PM   #155
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by inabis View Post
Nas has ALWAYS been on some deeper level political and race stuff...from the beginning. Aside from Illmatic, all him other albums have had at least one song like this. I chalked it up to him being a teenager and being obsessed with money and cars. As people grow older they care less and less about materialistic things-unless you live in Cali

Maybe you never really listened to the albums but he's always been a community activist and political. I'm not trying to diss you or anything but maybe you just skipped over these songs??

But to your credit, he has been A LOT more political and community oriented than ever now....I personally think that's just because of Obama.
+1.

Nas has grown up and moved on.

He's said all that he has to say about cars and looking fly.

Now, he puts politics and worldly issues first, and the fly clothes and slang lingo is secondary.

Before, it was the other way around when he first started his career.

Nas has a family, dude is grown up, he's moved on. He's been there and done the things a lot of rappers are still talking about. He's one of the pioneers of "fly raps". Him, Biggie, Jay-Z.

Anyways, Nas is the same guy he always was, its just that now he's taking a different approach to the music industry and the power of a voice.

"One Mic" was the beginning of this new leaf and will continue to be the foundation upon which much of his new material is inspired.

If you truly understand him as an artist, you wouldn't say he fell off.

You can't deny that.
Appreciate 0