View Single Post
      07-01-2017, 10:13 AM   #41
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Anybody have an opinion on longines, never had one kinda like the master chrono moon phase

watch this video

there is really a lot to think about when getting a piece like this; how much of the content is actually Swiss, where is the case made, is the case and dial as well finished as an Omega or an IWC both near or a thousand or so more expensive.

in a way a piece like this is a better purchase for a watch know-it-all that knows exactly how it compares and this grade of movements use in other watches both cheaper and more expensive.

the thing with chronographs and moon phase is that those features lose their usefulness rather quickly. however, no doubt this chrono-moon-phase is a very pretty piece, though you need t see how it looks on your wrist.

there are a few other watches, some a little more expensive that you might want to check out before finalizing a purchase - but they won't have as many functions.

IWC mark viii pilot watch
rolex datejust o jubiilee bracelet

I personally like the watch and it would be fun, but not sure I could do the purchase - maybe if I had a collection, but if I just wanted one watch I'd probably do an IWC pilot.

Last edited by overcoil; 07-01-2017 at 10:19 AM..
Appreciate 0