View Single Post
      06-08-2017, 09:48 PM   #32
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudywolf View Post
Hey everyone I hope you guys had a nice long weekend and thank you for the great suggestions. I want to pick up some of these for myself!

Yeah I understand but it's also a milestone birthday so I want to make it extra special for him

I finally got a chance to ID my dad's watch. It's an Omega Constellation Automatic Chronometer.

Some suggestions? Definitely an automatic. Metal band, round face. I don't think he'll catch on to the square face. Something that's classy and can be worn on any occasion.

My dad knows very little about watches and I am afraid that the appeal and history behind many of these watchmakers will be lost on him. I wanted to get him a Rolex submariner but he expressed a preference for Omega watches. I think it's because we watched a lot of 007 movies together. I guess all the signs point towards a Seamaster?

I'm probably in your dad's age range and I've had a Seamaster that I love to wear from time to time. I checked out what Omega is selling new and here's one I would want if I were shopping. It's automatic. It's in your price range.

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Automatic Men's Watch Item No. 215.30.44.21.03.001

Another watch I love that's in the right price/value is Tag Heuer. Mine's a mechanical watch and I like it. but I'd go with automatic next time.

You can find great watches your dad will like from these companies in your price range.

Good luck! Your dad is lucky to have you.
Appreciate 0