View Single Post
      05-31-2017, 02:15 AM   #26
Cloudywolf
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Z4 35i

Hey everyone I hope you guys had a nice long weekend and thank you for the great suggestions. I want to pick up some of these for myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout10 View Post
Citizen eco line has some decent ones . . . . $1,500 range.
That and take him & mom out to dinner..........
Your Golden !

Don't know your Dad but I'll bet the days of the bigger and more
expensive gifts from his kidz are on the curb.
Quality time and zero mandated gifts are top shelf.
Yeah I understand but it's also a milestone birthday so I want to make it extra special for him

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post

Navitimers are HUGE; its the opposite of what the TS is looking for.

Rolex oyster is maybe too small? (mid size is 36mm)

Maybe the TS can give some pointers? Dress watch? or more sporty? Classical styled or modern? automatic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvinz View Post
How about something like a Junghans Max Bill or anything from the Nomos line? They are very clean, Bauhaus style watches. Nomos is just under the 5K range and Junghans is well below 5K, probably 2K range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
rolex submariner non date?
they are little over your budget but a timeless piece.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Eh View Post
This guy makes nice stuff. I paid around 5K for one.

https://mauricedemauriac.ch/
I finally got a chance to ID my dad's watch. It's an Omega Constellation Automatic Chronometer.

Some suggestions? Definitely an automatic. Metal band, round face. I don't think he'll catch on to the square face. Something that's classy and can be worn on any occasion.

My dad knows very little about watches and I am afraid that the appeal and history behind many of these watchmakers will be lost on him. I wanted to get him a Rolex submariner but he expressed a preference for Omega watches. I think it's because we watched a lot of 007 movies together. I guess all the signs point towards a Seamaster?
2005 350Z Roadster
Appreciate 0