View Single Post
      03-10-2015, 07:40 AM   #53
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
This is true on many levels. Humans are not naturally monogamous. It is hardwired in our DNA to seek out and mate with multiple partners of the oppposite sex. This is why no matter how much in love you may be with your significant other, you will still find others attractive, even if you choose not to act on that attraction.

I have always been the one woman at a time guy, if I were in a commited relationship. When I am single, I will date around and just have fun with female "friends" until I decide to give one of them a bit more time of day than the standard dinner/drinks/smash/depart routine.

Some people are relationship worthy. Some are not. It just depends on the individuals persective. male and female alike. We all just have to decide what works for you, what you are willing to tolerate, be true to your own beliefs and honor system and things seem to work out over time.

Grimlock asked for a story earlier. So I will give you one of my condensed ones. I was engaged to marry the love of my life before I went on my first combat tour in 2004. This woman made me feel like there were no other women on the planet. Came back home 18 months later, and she was gone. Very nasty and disrespectful break up. I was heartbroken and withdrew from the world except for work and my two cousins (brothers), and of course the members of my platoon that made it back home.

Took me 6 years to get over this woman, and finally put it behind me. For those 6 years, I dated quite a few women, (out of Character for me) but none of them seemed to be able to fill the void even though a few of them definitely had potential.

Now that I got over my ex, I realized that she saved me from a destructive future. I am successful, well off, great shape, I have my toys, and look forward to going to my door at the end of a day or training cycle. If we had stayed together, she would have sucked me dry (financially, not in a good way), came between me and my family, forbidden me from having my toys, sapped my energy to continue my training in the Martial Arts and I would probably be sitting in my car outside of the house for about an hour, dreading walking to that door and turning the key.
Damn 6yrs? Glad you you overcame that!