Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
What am I looking for? For now - fun partner to do things with. Wife? Maybe later. Not opposed, not desperate. See where it goes.

We talk about a lot of things when together, but don't communicate a lot outside that. Like haven't heard from her since Sunday afternoon. At the same time, she's not heard from me. Communication is a two way street, and works from both ends.

She just moved from kindergarten to pre-K - is that bad?
nah i wouldn't outright call it bad, but i'd also argue people who teach upper grades tend to be more self-reliant, probably because at work they can find people they can relate to (somewhat). trying to conversate with 5 year olds is different than with 16-18 year olds; my senior year in high school we were basically friends for these teachers more than students

a lot of my professors in college say they can never teach children, and generally speaking those who admit that are the cooler ones

but that's good! that means she can take good care of your kids when you two get married but on a serious note, think about it this way: you can't really be "evil" and decompress to 3 year olds. one of my dad's friends married after being single basically for ever, to a kindergarten teacher, and now he is a running gag in their group as basically being cucked as she rarely "lets him get with the boys" and a few of them are actually "out of bounds". but this all happened when they got married so i'm sure that's not an issue any time soon for you

in terms of the communication thing, i am like that too. i also hate just text-talking (prefer calling), but i'd also say check in every now and then. i told this one girl i hate texting and suck at it too (i lied, yes) and until the day before we met up a second time i did not text her and she goes "oh i thought it was off i didnt hear back from you in a while"
Appreciate 0