View Single Post
      03-03-2024, 06:25 AM   #15
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizz81 View Post
Like RM7 said, it depends on your mode. Even in V mode you adjust the engine response speed (actual setting in the menu). So it all depends on what you want, they really did a good job of allowing you full customization of the power in the car.

That being said, my E92 M3 still had faster engine response, be it because of it being smaller, lighter flywheel, NA, etc. That engine was crazy fast, I loved it so much lol.
when you "faster engine response" do you mean when you press the pedal even a little you get immediate response in that the car responds with a surge forward?

it sounds like you feel like your e92 was much better at that than the blackwing?

that is how I find NA bmws and porsches, they have immediate electric sharp throttle response, it gives you a sense of immediate and direct connection with the engine

my 2015 bC7 was not at all like that no matter what mode I put it in, track or whatever the other modes were

my C7 was much faster and had way more torque than the 2014 Cayman S I traded in for it, but it didn't feel faster because at partial lower throttle inputs the car didn't surge forward like my 2014 Cayman S did. As soon as I put some throttle in that (in normal mode not sport mode), the car responded and surged forward.

the C7 was not like that, if you gave it a little throttle, it didn't respond much, you needed to mash the throttle to get response and then yeah it was bloody quick

but I much prefer a responsive throttle even at lower inputs, sounds like maybe the blackwing doesn't quite deliver on that
Appreciate 0