View Single Post
      10-12-2021, 08:39 AM   #475
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
The whole Gruden situation is just dirty overall. He obviously said some stupid stuff and getting fired is probably expected in today's day and age of cancel culture (which is also trash).

However, I don't even think it's as sleazy as selectively releasing just Gruden's emails from 9 years ago? Hmm.....wonder if Dan Snyder had anything to do with that maybe? Just trash all around there.

I feel a bit bad for Gruden. From all accounts, no black people he has played for actually thinks he is racist. That being said, the fact that Nassib came out this summer and happens to be on his team probably alone was the nail in Gruden's coffin. He may have been telling the truth about the DeMaurice Smith comment meaning.....but no real way to explain the other stuff.

I bet A LOT of people are sweating right now as I'm sure there were a lot of emails examined or being examined. Like even with Gruden, you don't talk that way in an email unless you KNOW the person you are writing to feels the same.
ive seen some rumors that the NFL offices leaked the emails and with what Gruden said about Goodell and how petty he is, it definitely seems like Goodell wanted Gruden out.

the other theory is WFT leaked the emails to get people off their back with this investigation and Gruden was the easiest target.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0