View Single Post
      06-07-2019, 09:53 AM   #81
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post

I mean I can be extremely childish too but I also know when to be and when not to be and it's not stuff like this. I'm not really looking to make office friends, a lot of the other interns are from my school too. The cool ones we hang out with outside of work anyway - I don't participate in the bad talking because I'm just an intern. Don't want to be labeled that right off the bat, but it's still pretty annoying to hear all this when all it takes is an email with the director or something CC'd...
There is a big difference between being an adult with child-like tendencies (being jovial and a pleasure to be around) versus a child in an adults body. Case in point, when the guy I work with on the side and I do security camera installs, we are constantly joking around and giving each other a hard time. Usually the people within earshot laugh their asses off unless they have a stick up their butt. All the while, we move quickly and work very efficiently together, make our money, educate the customer on their new equipment and get the hell out. We get complimented, referrals and more jobs based off our personalities and our level of professionalism when it comes down to getting the install completed and teaching the customer how to use their equipment in simple terminology all while making them laugh.

This is much different than someone who simply wants to complain, gossip and doesn't bother to communicate with others whose jobs/productivity is impacted by their negative behavior or general lack of concern for anyone other than themselves.

Nothing wrong with being child-like as long as the job/project is completed on time, inside budget and the end user/internal or external customer is satisfied with the result.
Appreciate 4
nyalpine907384.50
Rmtt8206.00