View Single Post
      06-07-2019, 07:59 AM   #74
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Is talking behind everyone's back a common thing in all businesses?
I've been working here (as an intern) for about a month now and holy shit it's WAY too much complaining about other teams but no one has the balls to openly communicate the issue or to tell the higher ups to hand it to them either it's just an unending cycle of bitching
Yes......it is. Sadly, if you don't join in you become like me, the outcast; then no one likes you. If you participate and say anything negative about anyone, that person will eventually tell the other person what you said, making you the bad guy. In the event that you don't participate, then you are viewed as uppity or whatever from the person who has initiated the negative banter.

Advice from someone who deals with it ALL DAY LONG (and it's actually happening as I type this) just ignore it. Some people never grow up. Most "adults" are only adults in theory of their age. Most never progress mentally after age 14. Some are able to deal with it and avoid being sucked into it, these people are the ones who typically become supervisors/successful (if that's what you want to call it). I prefer to work in small companies with like-minded individuals who are there only to make money. We don't have to be friends, just have the ability to communicate clearly and stay out of each others way when it comes to raking in cash. Unfortunately this is not the situation I am currently in, but it's safe from a financial standpoint.
Appreciate 4