View Single Post
      03-07-2019, 12:07 PM   #70
Rebound
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F33: The 435i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
If they make ALSO an electric M car, then, whatever. If they put electric motors in all M cars, is a NO for me.

I do not want anything electric in my car and don't care how good is a McLaren. I am against electric vehicles for too many reasons and I am quite good with a NA vehicle thank you. If they do, bye.
I already voted with my wallet against the new FWD platform by buying a different brand.
I'd like to tell you that electric/hybrid technology has far too many benefits to ignore.

I've owned a Toyota Prius for almost ten years: Zero failures; no repairs. At 140,000 miles, I'm still on original brake pads. The air conditioning is all-electric, there is no alternator, and, in fact, there isn't a single belt in the engine.

Consider two amazing performance benefits you could realize: First, the electric motor delivers instant torque. Tesla has proven that this is a fantastic performance benefit.

Second, in a turbocharged engine, heated intake air is a performance limitation. BMW has experimented with water injection to solve this... but what if the electric air conditioning system passed through the intercooler? Now you have well-cooled charged air passing into the air intake, maximizing boost without removing any horsepower. And of course the air conditioner itself would take up none of your car's horsepower.

I'm absolutely certain that well-engineered hybrid and all-electric systems are mechanically superior and offer higher performance and reliability than all-mechanical systems. This has been proven since the introduction of electronic ignition and fuel injection, and now with hybrid technology.
Appreciate 3
Nkc1600.50