11-10-2019, 11:52 AM   #243
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I think it's a legitimate complaint. I would take the Explorer over the Charger or Crown Victoria any day. I also didn't quite understand the business case for moving to the Charger when we hadn't even been equipped with the Explorer for that long. Some stations are still phasing out the Crown Vic's. My current department has very few Chargers relative to my previous department; most are used for unmarked duty or are driven by brass. My previous department has a bunch of Chargers used for daily patrol. Getting in and out of that Charger is a pain in the ass, and the aforementioned visibility blows. I would have to talk to the fleet guys to really get a handle on the Charger's mechanical durability. I know we beat the crap out of the Ford products, and they keep going and going; I wish the Vic's would stop. Lol!

My best friend and my brother are both in Chargers. My brother loves it....but really hasn't had anything else to compare it with. Plus he's a Dodge guy.

My best friend however hates it as he's a big guy. But he's getting ready to go into K9, so he's as excited about a different vehicle as he is doing something different in the department!