View Single Post
      10-15-2019, 02:35 PM   #1037
WestRace
Major
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
The only thing I have an irrational love for is the BMW MZ4 Coupe.
That's interesting because the Grand Sport is a much faster car :-)

Quote:
this move to mid engine seems to primarily benefit the straight-line performance, not the twisty stuff as we're all promised.
I would disagree with this. Once they have the suspension tuning all sorted out, it will be a lot better than the C7 version. Just like when the current Mustang came out, it was all over the place. Now people all going dooh daaah over the GT350R but it's basically the same car fundamentally.

Quote:
At this point there's nothing in the C8 that will make me want to eat 1.5 years of depreciation though, besides it's the newest and shiniest object in the automotive industry.
My feeling all along has been that the C8 is basically a Corvette albeit with the engine in the middle. People who are putting deposits right now expecting a $60K 911 or R8 or McLaren will be very disappointed. But if you keep your perspectives in check, for $60 (with options up to $80K), it's not bad.

Based on the Farah's vid, the folks at RT pretty much commented that after all the initial Corvette mid engine novelties worn off, they all came back down to earth.
Appreciate 0