01-24-2021, 04:50 PM   #13
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRussski View Post
It’s easy, someone will come in and pay exactly what they asking for. Also it’s principal.

I would rather give a discount to someone who is not asking for, versus someone who will argue and fight with you for hours just to get couple bucks off.

I do some retail on the side and have these specific groups of individuals who come in and try to market bargain me to a penny.....I won’t budge just out of Principal.
Yeah.... if I go walk into a dealer and don't ask for any discount I'm SURE they will give me a discount because I didn't ask for anything.

They created this shady as fuck system not me. Then they advertise super low prices online, but in the fine print somewhere at the bottom of the site the say the price excludes $5k worth of bs fees. I've seen some who will even make you use their financing or you have to pay an extra $1k. I change cars a lot so I'm always browsing. There are certain dealers that I will completely ignore no matter what car they have or what price they are advertising it at because I know they are total scum.

They could always you know... advertise the best actual price they are willing to sell their product at and save everyone a bunch of time and hassle. In fact a lot of dealer are moving to that model and I've actually purchased my last 2 vehicles from these types of dealers. Such a better buying experience.

All that being said I don't blame the dealers necessarily. As long as people keep buying from these types of dealers and keep paying ridiculous markups because they HAVE to have the latest model whatever then dealers will keep doing what they do.
Appreciate 4
XMetal1131.00
KRS_SN13510.50