07-04-2015, 09:29 PM   #6
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
On the way to pick up some take out I ordered for dinner, I got to be part of a high speed chase. I just turn on to this road and I see police lights in the distance. As I start closing the distance, I see a sport bike come up behind a car in the oncoming lane and proceed to pass this car across the double yellow. So the cop is chasing the guy on the bike. I pull over to the side of the road and stop. Bike blows by me at I guess 60 MPH in a 30 MPH residential zone. Cop goes flying by. I proceed on.

As I get close to the restaurant, I come up on two kids on bicycles. The one kid is starting to turn into a side street. The other kid sees me and then proceeds to move all the way over to the middle of the road. He's looking back at me like he wants to play chicken with me. WTF. Then he turns off to the side street after his friend. When he turns off, I notice his rear wheel is all bent to hell as it was wobbling all over the place.

On the way back from the restaurant, I turn on the street that the police chase happened on and notice there is a new speed camera. Not sure if the bike blew by it or if the camera is even operational. If it's yes to both, that biker isn't going to get too far.

So on what should have been a boring drive to pick up some take out, turned into witnessing a couple of Darwin candidates in action.

All that and no info about the takeout? Anything good?

(I've got the munchies if you couldn't guess.)

"Life is uncertain, eat bacon now."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1