CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
People in general are image-conscious. We judge things based on appearance without even knowing. Jeeps portray an image of being "fun" despite mostly being total chitboxes. Aside from being able to remove the doors and top on a sunny day their vehicles are not remotely fun.

It's the same reason why BMWs have been watered down. People want the "image" associated with a sporty car without the nuances associated with it, so BMW gave them what they wanted.
Wranglers are fun, but only if they are topless, doorless, and a manual trans with the 4.0 inline six. Otherwise they are kinda meh. I drove one with the newer V6 recently and wasn't all that impressed. I grew up around Jeeps, but wouldn't drive one everyday for the "image" that's for sure. They are meant as a fun weekend vehicle. Some of the extensively modified ones I see on the roadways must be quite sketchy considering how loose the steering is on my own lightly modified Cherokee XJ.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9698.00