View Single Post
      02-02-2023, 04:46 AM   #4
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
My eyesight isn't great to begin with, so trying to see small stuff (like repairing regular eye glasses) is frustrating. Even something simple like pulling a splinter out of my finger is difficult due to not being able to see anything that small.
For some quick basic magnifying stuff: my Samsung mobile phone features a pre-installed app called "Magnifier" (version 10.0.56). Strong zoom in + features a torch/flashlight and the possibility to photograph.

Plenty of magnifier apps for all phones exist.

Helps to locate your splinter quickly.

Trivia. A friend of mine was on holiday in Brazil. On a Sunday late afternoon he had his return flight to Europe. So he went for a final morning swim in the ocean ...but lost his glasses in the sea. Search to no avail. Given his very bad eyesight that was kind of a problem as he had not brought spare glasses and doesn't wear lenses. And optician shops were apparently closed that Sunday. So he used the camera of his mobile phone as a substitute for his lost glasses for the journey back to Europe and bought a power bank at the airport to ensure not running out of phone battery. All went fine.