View Single Post
      08-06-2019, 11:40 PM   #142
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
And when did Rolex introduce these changes and at what cost? The Tissot Powermatic 80 came out over 5 years ago, it is COSC certified and has a 80 hour power reserve. Not to mention the watches cost $1000. IWC, Panerai and others have watches with 7+ days power reserve now. How is 72 hours impressive?

You can name just about any recent Rolex "improvement" and you can see that someone else has already done it and usually cheaper.
I also forgot to say that Rolex also introduced a Cellini with a moonphase function , a totally novelty as well.
Newer movements introduced 3 years ago as I recall. However, it seems to take time to trickle down to the more budget friendly models as expected .
I like Powermatic ,you can have it less than a grand almost but you will get a Mido , Tissot, Certina may be . Not bad brands but that's it . I have a Longines Hyroconquest with 64 hours power reserve and I bought it instead of those powermatic models and very satisfied with my choice .
Having too much power reserve is not something that to be proud of , accuracy is way more important and Rolex just delivers it with a price of course but compared to other Swiss brands ,I don't think Rolex is overpriced more expensive than Omega but holds value just as good as Patek Philippe