View Single Post
      04-08-2015, 07:37 PM   #568
Ok
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
This is where I disagree with you. If you are rebadging a non M car and trying to pass it off as an M, then you're a poser. If you buy a fake Rolex that not only looks like a Rolex, but says "Rolex" on the dial, then you're a poser.

It comes down to the act of trying to fool other people into believing it's something that it's not. For example, if said owner of the non M car, let's say a 328, decided to debadge and put some M3 parts on it, I wouldn't call him a poser. He might just like the look of it better. Same with watches; if you decide to buy another brand that has the same design (like Seiko mentioned above, or Invicta), then you're not a poser. Once you get around to actually putting M3 badges on your car, or having your replica watch say "Rolex", or "AP", or "Panerai", is when you're trying to deliberately pass it off as something it's not.
I agree with you when you say that some people might be trying to fool others into thinking that it`s the real thing. But if you see on one of my previous posts, I said that I buy them for their looks and not to try to pass them as the REAL thing. If someone asks me I`ll gladly tell them the truth if its real or not. I don`t flash the my watches around I just like them for ME, and I could care less what others think. I can`t speak for anyone else, but I`m guessing that most people that can afford them are not trying to pass them as the real thing
Appreciate 0