07-30-2020, 08:21 AM   #22
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Hats off to what he's been doing over there.

With that being said, what made BMW such a great brand was the fact you got both sportiness and luxury in perfect harmony. Unfortunately Hyundai is at a position in the market where they will never be able to put a nice interior in a car. And for as impressive the Genesis G70 is as a first effort compact luxury sport sedan, it still comes up short in that category. The interior design and some of the material choices are just a turn-off for me.

With that being said, if the G70 proves to have a great reliability record then it could very well become an attractive buy. BMWs self-implode out of warranty and become more headache than they are worth.
Unless you spend the money on a leather dash and nappa or merino upholstery, BMW interiors are pretty bad IMHO. Dakota upholstery on a luxury car is a turn off to me and the only reason I upgraded to a 5 series from a 3 series. If Hyundai can make and sell a car that better meets my needs, I will go there. BMW has to meet its customer needs, not the other way around.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25083.00