04-23-2020, 12:03 PM   #37
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
I'm actually in the market for a new monitor also. I don't like a huge screen for some reason, but do you guys have any recommendations for a 27" that I can dock, preferably with USB C connectivity?

I will be using my 2017 MBP 13" for docking.

From my understanding, the idea here is to find a monitor thats close to your built in display resolution? I could be making this up, but it kind of makes sense.

Here is mine:
I just set up this one to pair up with my 27" iMac.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N2L5CXO/

I got it from Amazon, but now it seems to be only 3rd party sellers. But you can check B&H or NewEgg. You'll probably have to source a USB-C to Display Port or HDMI cable. This one will handle 2560x1440, which doesn't match your laptop perfectly, but that's because your laptop screen is a slightly different ratio. This should work fine as a second screen. It's not IPS, but I find it's pretty close to the image quality of the iMac (non-Retina in my case). And it won't break the bank. I paid $376 with tax. There are several similar screens out there in that price range. Just make sure you get one that will handle 2560x1440 at least.

There's also a cool little free app in the Apple store called Display Menu. It sits up top and gives you a whole slew of available resolutions, so you can adjust your laptop's resolution to 2560x1440 if you're not going to be using the laptop screen along with your monitor.
Attached Images

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede

Last edited by M_Six; 04-23-2020 at 12:10 PM..
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615278.50