vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
i cant imagine working in a strict office like that, so thankful for the relaxed corporate culture at my office.
She works for an outside technical contractor to an essential industry. Her company hires millennials straight out of school, and their on-site team lead is only 25 years old with purple hair and no formal management training or skills. My middle-aged DW calls the place Romper Room, because the customer's management has to keep reminding them to turn their phones off during meetings, not take 4 hour lunches, dress professionally - not in sweats/cutoff t-shirts, and show up for work before noon. Their company is *very* close to losing this contract due to lack of production, and the customer now has a senior VP babysitting them all presumably to see if any of them are worth trying to carry over when he gives the contractor the boot.

Honestly, they as a group brought the micro-management upon themselves...and should feel lucky that the customer even lets them work from home instead of terminating their company's contract and sending them all packing.....