04-17-2017, 07:28 PM   #16
mfstrby
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
I mean no harm. But. Trading in a financed car, or any car, at six months of ownership always has financial negatives. At some point in this transaction, you are going to lose money, and probably a bunch.

This is not something that a fine person should do if they need to ask questions on a forum oriented towards cars that basically make no economical sense. It's something that someone should ONLY do if they've been through enough financing of stuff in life to not NEED to ask questions on a forum. I really do not mean to be mean, but asking this question is an indication that the OP is going to make a mistake, and probably a big one.

Run this past yourself: If you posted all of this on Reddit's Personal Finance subreddit, filled with nothing but folk who think you should never buy anything at all and if you have to it has to be the cheapest version of that thing you can possibly buy, would anything that they'd throw at you surprise you?

Ask this question there to really get an honest, no-punches-held list of all the reasons this will hurt you. If you are OK with all those reasons, do as you wish.
No harm at all. I actually asked to see if anyone did this before and is there anything to know other than the obvious negative equity.

I am not planning to do this myself, I like to keep my car for as long as I can
Appreciate 0