View Single Post
      11-18-2022, 01:47 PM   #18
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watching The World Burn View Post
Well, I can't exactly say I feel bad for the investors either, same rules apply to them. They hitched their cart to him, it will pay or it won't. And if they don't like what he says / does, they won't provide any more money. Simple. It is a lot of his money though.

Still, what is wrong with the choice? Nobody is being forced to work against their will which is where I'd draw the line. So either you work hard (and are paid commeasurate for it - better than the standard 9-5) or you leave for a different opportunity. Why is that a bad thing? Why does it matter that the most talented ones leave? They are the ones he should try to keep, if he doesn't, that's on him, but they are still going to be successful at whatever they do (probably). So they'll land on their feet. And the muskrat will either pivot the company such that it makes money, or he'll lose big. Again, I don't see an issue. Risk / benefit.

I do strongly suspect though that a lot of the workers who quit are workers that would have dragged their feet silently and subverted and opposed the direction Musk will take it in, which would have led to Twitter's demise anyway, so I think his actions might even be smart here...but it is heavily reliant on him being able to replace that staff with a sufficient enough workforce (maybe less people needed overall if they are working harder) that have bought in to the direction he wants to go.

He's the employer, it is his call which direction Twitter goes, not the employees. Do you disagree?
I agree with some things and that things are the way they are in the US especially and corporate culture in general. I very much disagree with it continuing though. What is the point of Musk coming in and making enemies with thousands of people? Many who he needs as has been shown by his backtracking on some of this. How does this help anything? Also, study after study has shown that employees with better work life balance are much more productive. I think we are nuts what we ask employees to do in some cases and it is counter productive usually for all involved. Just because something has been done one way forever doesn’t mean it is the right way. And no, a lot of people don’t have a choice and just have to take it for various reasons.

Musk still may turn it around, but he has definitely made it harder for himself and everyone else their that truly wants to stay and turn it around. Again, what is the point of that?

Last edited by minn19; 11-18-2022 at 01:57 PM..
Appreciate 3