07-11-2016, 12:30 PM   #27
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Since the FB isn't getting my heart rate very well for higher rates, not sure I trust it for that. Not sure I trust 220-age as my max either. But thru all of those, my bigger concern for heart rate has always been how fast I can return to my resting rate.
Keep it up! My HR recovering quickly is what i'm happiest about as a consequence of my first 6 months of cycling. When i started working out, my heart rate graph would spike up and stay up, then when i stopped it would slowly taper off at a 35 degree angle over the course of 4 to 5 min.

Now my HR graphs starts out going up at about a 45 degree angle and when i stop, it pretty much drops down at about 80 degree angle.

A few weeks ago, i was riding for 22 miles averaging 172bpm. I stopped and within 36 seconds my HR was down to 136bpm. (when is when i started up again) Finding that in my data made me smile.

This was strength training about a year ago. HR recovering very slowly. Duration is about 40 min.

This was one of my first mtn bike rides about 8 months ago, totally flat. Duration is about 35min, still not recovering quickly.

This was a few weeks ago in the hills. Total climbing was about 2200ft, duration is about 150 min. I like all the spikes, HR recovering pretty well at this point.