CTinline-six
Winning
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '13 Jeep GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I don't know how to fix this. It's a scary world. I do think that the root cause has to do with lack of parenting and technology. Kids these days don't learn conflict resolution. When I was a kid, we were outside playing with actual other kids from very young. It taught you conflict resolution very young and that not everyone behaved or thought the same way you did. If you had an argument, or a fight, you got punched in the face or rolled around on the ground and it was over. No more.

Now, it's texts and games and no one knows how to deal with real people. We also grew up knowing our actions had consequences. That no longer seems to be the case. I look at the frequency of hit and run accidents. How do you hit someone and just leave them there to die? Stop and deal with the consequences. People shooting cops over simple traffic stops. WTF?

I don't know how to get this horse back in the barn. But it clearly starts at home with the parents at a very young age. Until kids are brought up with respect and fear, this will continue.

And it's not just kids. Society as a whole sucks.
YES.

I work with school systems and it is scary some of the stories teachers have told me. It is mostly parent driven, but teachers are not allowed to put kids on the spot or challenge them because they will feel singled out. This means that kids are never exposed to feeling insecure or figuring out how to deal with complex situations. When they finally are, they don't know how to deal with it and snap.
Now_Rudi5995.50