View Single Post
      04-25-2019, 02:55 PM   #1
MizikeTSK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 XDrive 50i MSport

Failed Water Pump?

One morning my moms 2010 E60's Fan started running full blast the second I stated the car a few minutes later I get the yellow overheat warning followed by the red pull your shit over now warning. Expansion tank has coolant, I can hear the water pump when starting the bleeding process but do not see the coolant stream in the expansion tank with cap open. When I squeeze the hoses I can hear the coolant swishing around so would think there is still some coolant in the system. Based on what I found, is the pimp indeed bad? I can let the car sit overnight and start it cold and the Fan will go off full blast just a few seconds after starting which confuses me. I don't see any coolant leaks either. My mom spend a few grand to have the Turbo's and a few other things replaced. I know she doesn't want to dump any more money into so would rather sell. If cheap/easy to replace the water pump/Thermostat I'll pay for it myself to have fix but wanted to see if this indeed will fix the issue so hoping someone has experienced this.