View Single Post
      04-23-2015, 08:57 AM   #37
carzaddict
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Anyhow, I saw a little news segment about how some people are claiming that the Apple Watch is shaking up the watch industry; some even went as far as stating that it could threaten all the Swiss watch makers.

I personally found it ridiculous!! The Apple Watch is a toy and should not even be compared to those mechanical pieces of art that are Swiss watches. I hate how Samsung and Motorola have had watches out for a while but when Apple releases a watch it is earth shattering.
this is something that has bothered me for years, it has been the case with ANYTHING apple does, since the release of the iPhone. Android technology had already been out but no one cared it existed, when iPhone came out...it was like OMG A TOUCHSCREEN!?!?!

ill give you an even better example.....the first iPhone did not have copy/paste or MMS....features that Androids and dumb phones have....no one cared.....as soon as it got released, it was like the second coming of Jesus!!!

I'm not going to turn this into an Apple vs Android debate, but the point I wanted to make is Apple isnt in the market for innovation, they are in the market to catering to their followers who just so happened to be die hard loyal followers. new iPhones come out every year, no one NEEDS to upgrade every year but yet people line up for days for it. i cant explain why Apple has this mind control over its followers but it does....so they literally can slap a logo on shit and it will sell out in minutes

regarding apple vs swiss watches.......its targeting a younger generation that doesnt care about the complications and technical aspects of a swiss watch. plus the apple watch is only a few hundred dollars (cheap version).......and comparing that to a mechanical watch in a similar price range.....the Apple brand will hold more value because it has no competitors whereas you can go buy a Seiko or Movado...but its still not a rolex or breitling