Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Not that I disagree with most of the statement here.

But there are many before you who said the same thing when Apple came out with the ipod and the iphone and the ipad. I too like the standard watch and the engineering the craftsmanship that goes into a good watch. Just because it does not have machanical movement which run on jewels and such does not mean it is any less an engineering or craftsman feat.

However,how do you explain the Apple gold version being completely sold out in under an hour and the wait time is now out past July. I would image any swiss watch maker would like to be in the same situation on their top of the line watches. There are some cars in this world which have a year wait list to take delivery, how many watch do you know have a 3 month wait list for something that cost $10K or above.

These are now a fashion item and obvious there are people with money who see the value in having one.
Fashion items? Lol...
Aren't all watches fashion items? Or do you need to spend thousands or hundreds of thousands so you can know what time it is?

Obviously someone rocking a Rolex, Patek Philippe, Panerai, etc, is wearing it as an accessory. The same way people will be wearing the apple watch.