View Single Post
      04-07-2015, 12:15 PM   #527
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep
Drives: E93 M3/Mk4 Supra/X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
If you're wearing a fake watch at a business meeting, I'd start wondering what else is fake about that person. Maybe their promises are fake? Maybe the results of the products they are pitching is fake? Maybe that Chiclet smile is fake also?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: fake watches are for fake people.

Furthermore, just the fact that you're wearing a fake watch is where you go into the "wrong". Plenty of people saying that the real infraction is done when someone lies about it being a fake. No, that would be infraction number two. First one is the watch in your wrist. You are already lying by wearing a fake without even opening your mouth.
Hmmm, some of this I agree with, I dont mind wearing some fake stuff, but mostly because I dont care about brands, I like clothes that fit well and accessories that complete my look, I could care less if a watch even has a battery in it, I care if that matte gunmetal square'ish piece matches my new super slim fitted suit....
I have a buddy who resales a brand of watches that are junky but because of their colors and style they pop, and working in vegas for the pool season I think they are a perfect fit, I match them to my shorts or shoes and I don't even care if they stop working

I am against fake attitudes so I agree if someone goes out of their way to find a fake Rolex that's attempting to make a false statement, and it's the same as sleazy hollywood people who say they are pruducers/models/talk themselves up and pretend they are super successfull all the time when it's obvious they are struggling.
So i agree. I wouldn't mind sporting a replica if it looked nice and the quality was up to my standards for that specific item.

I ran TE37's on an old track/show car I had, but I also recently recommended a set of replica TE's for my girlfriends car because since she doesn't track it and it's her daily I didn't see the need to spend $4k on a set of wheels when their only function was to look good lol.....
Oh and btw she knows they are replicas.Varstoen's.

Another thing is I hate overpricing done by big brands, I am a loyal customer when I find a good brand that makes me beautifull/quality products and doesn't try to rip me off.
Is a piece of metal worth $200.000 because it has a famous name next to it and has $500 bucks worth of instruments on in? Fuck no!!