04-02-2015, 07:22 AM   #517
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybingo View Post
Not sure what you do for living.. but in my industry, I meet with a lot of high end clients and CEO/CFOs. I would be scared to pull a fake watch in front of them and lose my credentials. To be honest, buying watch is a great investment.
I forgot to ask this earlier...do your credentials have something to do with watches, combating counterfeiters, or something of that sort? I don't see how your credentials will be lost because of the watch you wear, nor do I see how you'll gain any credentials by dint of the watch you wear.

For example, being a CPA and having an MBA are two of my credentials, although my specific experience managing successful projects is the most important of my credentials. Not one of my credentials that matter to my clients will be affected by the watch I wear before them.

Frankly, I've not in 20+ years had cause to "pull" my watch before clients, and I can count on one hand the number of times I've even had so much as the briefest discussion about watches with my clients; we've always had other things to talk about, both work related and non-work related. I have had clients say "nice watch," and I consistently reply, "Thank you." That's the beginning and end of it. Were I specifically entreated to and engaged in a watch discussion by a CEO/CFO, I'd have the discussion, but that hasn't happened.

FWIW, I sell and manage multi-year business transformation projects. My clients are Fortune 500 sized/annual revenue non-U.S. companies. Without exception, the decision makers for the engagements are C-level personnel or their direct reports.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0