View Single Post
      11-07-2019, 09:07 PM   #21
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E92 LeMans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
First of all, if he did the time (lol) then he deserves it.

With that being said 5,616 hours of overtime?!? I assume that's in addition to the regular 40 hours per week which is 2,080 (not taking into account vacations. What that means is, for that person to have accumulated 7,696 hours in a year, they would have to work 148 hours a week. This equates to 21 hours a day, for 365 days straight.

As an attorney, and many years of working remotely, I have billed quite a few years in excess of 3,000 hours (TOTAL including OT). The most I've ever worked in a year was around 3,200 which equates to 62 or so hours per week, every week for a year. The amount of sacrifice I had to make to do that is extreme. I basically took no days off in total, no vacations, no holidays, and my life consisted entirely of working, working out, and sleep. I'm a single guy who loves to work, so it was not a problem for me. I had quite a few people worried about me, but I shrugged it off and powered through. Keep in mind I did this REMOTELY, in other words no commutes, kitchen is 15 feet away, shower and bed are 10 feet away, I never have to leave the house.

So knowing what it takes to work 3,200 hours a year (REMOTELY from HOME), anybody who comes forward to tell me they're working not 4k, not 5k, not 6k, but over 7 THOUSAND hours in a year is a complete liar and fraud, and should be fired, forced to pay everything back, and have future wages garnished with interest until it's paid back.

I know for a fact how hard it is to go over 3,200 hours in a year, the only attorneys I know who billed more were in fact double and triple billers and fucking cheats. It's simply impossible to go much higher than 3k hours in a year let alone more than double that number ffs.

Just more fraud.
You're forgetting the types of shifts that fire fighters work and the fact that they, too, have kitchens and beds in the firehouses.

Typical shifts are 24 on/24 off, sometimes 24 on/48 off. For all we know this guy could've gotten rid of his house/apartment and basically moved into the firehouse, clocking in every minute while still having .84 of every Sunday off.

It'd be interesting to see stats on how much actual fire fighting time a fireman sees during a shift.
Appreciate 0